- Unrivalled print speed. The DocuWide C842 produces large format posters, plans and banners up to 14 times faster than other colour wide format devices. It's impressive speed and quality makes the DocuWide C842 a powerful addition for commercial printers or architects, engineers and print service providers.
- The DocuWide C842 produces impressive colour output at 1,600 x 1,600 dpi at a print speed of 7 A0-size sheets per minute. Various types of data can be printed continuously improving business productivity. Add to this its ability to maintain full print speed on a variety of recommended paper including bond and coated stocks.
- The DocuWide C842 ensures high quality output with high resolution 1,600 x 1,600 dpi or equivalent. Texture and shading are faithfully reproduced to create exquisite images. It faithfully reproduces sharp diagonal lines, curved lines, or fine straight lines necessary for drawings, and offers accurate images to various needs such as technical document texts, fine textured photographs or illustrations.
- Using water-based dye ink allows reproduction of extremely fine lines which are true to the original thickness and without graininess. This feature enables you to produce images that exhibit exceptional details, and smooth colour gradation.
- The DocuWide C842 enables you to load a 2-inch core roll paper commonly used in general inkjet printers and a 3-inch core roll paper used in monochrome and LED printers. It also enables you to simultaneously load paper of different types or sizes such as plain paper, tracing paper, and films. This allows you to prepare the device in advance to meet various printing requirements maximising productivity.
- When paper of different widths are loaded, the output size is recognized automatically and the appropriate paper will be selected.
- A cut sheet of up to 2,000 mm in length can be loaded into the manual feed table. This device supports 1067mm (42 inch) wide output size, which enables you to print out a 914mm (36-inch) large-size poster with register marks for trimming.
- The compact touch panel display provides easy access to features including output settings, job check, power saving release, contrast adjustment, consumables check, and language switching.
- Using the ink saving mode assures optimized image quality and it reduces ink consumption by approximately 40% compared with the normal mode. It is convenient when performing sample printing and for applications that require less ink density.
- Low-power design with power consumption of 690 W or less. The device complies with various environmental standards such as International Energy Star Program and RoHS standard.
Wide and fine high-quality colour printing
The DocuWide C842 is enabled with five print heads arranged in a zigzag formation to ensure printing of up to 1067mm (42 inches) wide. This unique array minimises the need for moving print heads and enables unrivalled print speed. It also provides an innovative nozzle arrangement in which CMYK colour nozzles of 800 dpi or equivalent are staggered by half pitch on a 2-row basis at mere 160 um intervals realising the high-resolution image quality with output resolution 1,600 dpi or equivalent.
Ink circulating system (eliminates air bubbles and impurities in ink)
Fine air bubbles in ink are one of the factors that hinders the reproduction of a beautiful image. The DocuWide C842 is equipped with a newly developed ink circulating system, which eliminates air bubbles and impurities to ensure a consistent print quality.
Versatile system configurations
As a network printer in Windows® or Macintosh environment
The DocuWide C842 offers full-colour printing through the Windows® application with the same usability as with any regular printer driver.
The optional Caldera RIP software available allows you to smoothly output data in various formats such as TIFF or PDF via the virtual printer (Hot Folder) with the prespecified output conditions and image quality. Furthermore, using the included Mac PPD file allows you to output data from an application on a Macintosh computer.
Design, manufacturing, geographical information systems (GIS) and advertising. The ease of use of the DocuWide C842 improves operational efficiency and allows you to focus on your core business.
Loading both 2 inch core roll paper and 3-inch core roll paper
Automatic paper selection for the appropriate output size
|Print Resolution||1,600 x 1,600 dpi|
|Print Head||5 units (common to each colour), 70,400 nozzles/head|
|Ink||Water-based dye ink (Cyan, magenta, yellow, black)|
Ink capacity: 500ml/colour
|Supported Protocol||Ethernet: TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6, LPR, FTP)|
|Print Speed||7 ppm, 152.4mm per second (A0 colour)|
12 ppm landscape (A1 colour)
9 ppm portrait (A1 colour)
|Warm-up time||10 minutes or less (Room temperature: 22-degree C, Humidity: 55%)|
|Print (Media) Size||Width: 279.4 to 1,067 mm|
Length: 210 to 5,000 mm
|First Print Out||22 seconds (A0 size, 26.6MB data, when using roll 1 at the upper side)|
|Output Colour||Full Colour|
|Roll Paper Feeding||A0, A1, A2, A3, B0, B1, B2, B3,|
|Paper Type||Weight: 64 to 190 g/m*2
Thickness: 76 to 178um
|Weight||4-roll model: 370kg|
2-roll model: 315kg
|Paper Stack Tray||To accommodate printed sheets that are delivered from the device. 150 sheets capacity.|
|Manual Feeder Guide||Easy to set up cut sheet paper when loading the manual feed table|
|Paper Stack Box||The paper stackbox captures printed sheets that are delivered from the device. It can accommodate long printed sheets of up to 1067mm (42 inches) in width|
|Paper Holders||The device provides two types of holders: a 2 inch core paper holder and a 3 inch core paper holder|