Familiar materials, firm control
Build with the same standard, engineering-grade and high-performance thermoplastics you use in traditional manufacturing processes.
Speed and efficiency
Produce complex, high-requirement parts faster than ever.
Flexibility and control
Embed hardware or circuitry, fine-tune part performance, optimise build speed or achieve a smoother finish. Custom tool paths and other advanced features of Insight software give you ultimate control over your build parameters.
No special facility requirements
Install Fortus Systems virtually anywhere. No special venting is required because Fortus systems produce no noxious fumes, chemicals or waste with most materials.
Easy to operate and maintain
Quickly teach anyone how to load materials, replace build trays and use the simple touch-screen interface. Operation is intuitive and requires no special skills.
These materials work with both Fortus 3D Production Systems:
- ABS-M30 in six colors for great tensile, impact and flexural strength
- ABS-M30i for biocompatibility
- ABS-ESD7 for static dissipation
- ASA for UV stability and the best aesthetics
- PC-ISO for biocompatibility and superior strength
- PCB for superior mechanical properties and heat resistance
- FDM Nylon 12 for maximum toughness
These materials work with Fortus 450mc:
- ULTEM 1010 for the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic
- ULTEM 9085 for best mix of mechanical, chemical and thermal properties
- PC-ISO in white and translucent
- FDM Nylon 12
Build envelope options:
Fortus 380mc: 355 x 305 x 305 mm (14 x 12 x 12 in.)
Material delivery options:
Fortus 380mc: One bay each for material and support canisters
0.330 mm (0.013 in.)
0.254 mm (0.010 in.)
0.178 mm (0.007 in.)
0.127 mm (0.005 in.)
Soluble for most materials; break-away for PC-ISO and ULTEM; soluble or break-away for PC
129.5 x 90.2 x 198.4 cm (51 x 35.5 x 78.1 in.)/with crate: 680 kg (1,500 lbs.), without crate: 601 kg (1,325 lbs.)
Parts are produced within an accuracy of ± .127 mm (± .005 in.) or ± .0015 mm/mm (± .0015 in/in), whichever is greater. (Accuracy is geometry dependent. Achievable accuracy specification derived from statistical data at 95% dimensional yield.)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 (Pro, Enterprise), Microsoft Windows 7 (Pro, Enterprise, Ultimate), Microsoft Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise, Ultimate), Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2003
10/100 base T connection; Ethernet protocol
Fortus 380mc: 208VAC 3 phase, 50/60 Hz consumes 18 Amps
CE, TUV listed
Special facility requirements: