The Watkiss PowerSquare 224, distributed by C.P. Bourg, is a production booklet maker that uniquely combines the four processes of stitching, folding, spine forming and trimming to produce SquareBack books of 8 to 224 pages thick that lie flat, stack easily and allow printing on the spine.
With its fully automatic settings for different book size and pagination, including variable stitch leg length for varying book thickness, plus fast operation, the Watkiss PowerSquare 224 is ideal for customers who want the look and utility of perfect-bound books in a fast and versatile production system.
- Produces high quality, square-edged booklets of 8 to 224 pages with the look and feel of perfect-bound
- Square-edged books lie flat and are easy to stack and handle
- Heavy duty side-loading stitch head inserts one to six stitches, allowing 2-up or 3-up production
- Fully automated with color touchscreen graphical user interface
- Ergonomic design in a small footprint
- Instant-on, no warm up time
- Low power requirements
- Optional 2-knife trimmer
- Optional book stacker
Digital print applications frequently use heavier stocks and need the flexibility to produce a wider range of finished books from a single process, with little or no operator intervention. Perfect bound books look great but have higher production costs, while tape-bound products can look shabby and lack durability – and both processes can be too slow for today's fast-paced digital environments.
- Industry trends toward shorter print runs and quicker turnaround times put constant pressure on operating efficiency
- Demand for quality finished products in a wide range of finished styles and sizes strains the capabilities of workflow, equipment and staff
- Digital print applications frequently use heavier stocks and require flexibility to produce a wider range of finished books
- Shrinking supply of skilled labor makes it harder to find workers capable of operating complex finishing machinery
- Tighter budgets, less floor space and smaller staff sizes increase demands for efficiency at all operational levels
The Watkiss PowerSquare 224 addresses the challenges of doing more with less by providing a versatile, economical and reliable solution for producing finished booklets with the attractive look and feel of perfect bound books.
- Superior digital in-line stitch-fold-square-trim booklet making
- Able to process jobs with up to 224 pages of 80 gsm with printable spines
- Delivers flexibility and precision in producing booklets with or without squared edges
- Precision stitching with as many as six stitches enables 2-up or 3-up printing for peak efficiency
- Handles thicker stock and more pages than most
- Automatic adjustment for page count
- Improved performance on coated papers and heavier papers
- Maximum paper size of 14.33" x 19.68" (365 x 500 mm)
Why Choose Xerox?
- A simpler solution to finishing and booklet making, with the look of perfect bound
- Proven operation with various Xerox monochrome and color marking engines
Watkiss PowerSquare 224 Booklet-Maker
- File Size:
- 840.71 KB
- Document Type:
- Portable Document Format